Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Treat

My latest obsession is one I picked up from Nancy's Kitchen in NW Portland. Nancy's is terrific and they've watched our daughter grow from bb (before birth) to the chatty yet coy four year old she is today.

We go often enough that they treat our daughter like their own and frequently bring her little treats or tastes of new items on the menu as we wait for our meal. The last time we were in, the treat warmed, homemade jam with sliced bananas. Q was being fickle and the smell of the warmed jam was so good, I had to try some... and then preceded to eat the entire banana dipped in the warm jam. Delish!

I'm not a huge fan of bananas but this has become my latest fave and while it's high in sugar (depending on the jam you use), it's pretty healthy overall. Healthier than a lot of dessert options, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment