Monday, September 20, 2010

Dinner!


Before tonight, I'd never made spaghetti squash before. I'd heard that it is easy to make and how great it is but I was afraid a) I wouldn't like it and b) it wouldn't be easy and I'd mess it up.

I bought a spaghetti squash last week and finally got around to making it. Husband loved it and it WAS easy!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Stab the squash a number of times to prevent any explosive oven mishaps. This is also a great way to get rid of any pent-up aggression.

Place in an oven-proof dish.

Set the timer. Every recipe I found said an hour but I think a bit longer wouldn't hurt.

Using hot pads, carefully cut in half.

After scooping out pulp and seeds, use a fork to scrape out "spaghetti".

I used a jarred sauce but thought it tasted pretty good with just a bit of salt, as well. It has a bit of a crunchy texture that pasta doesn't have. Nutritionally, it's got fiber and vitamin C.

Our daughter liked it well enough to finish her dinner, with a bribe. I toasted the squash seeds and she loved them and if she wanted more, she had to finish her dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment