Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

I feel like I'm constantly buying shoes for Daughter and if I'm not buying them, I need to. Her little feet grow so fast!

While I love shopping for shoes for ME, the idea of taking Daughter shoe-shopping does not fill me with glee. Battling the ever changing toddler moods, deciding if "we" are going to walk or carry her 35-lb body for blocks (I just can't do strollers and she doesn't have much patience for them either), convincing her to try on a shoe or God forbid, more than one, it's all more than I care to deal with. Time with Daughter should either be fun or in some way beneficial and shoe-shopping for her really isn't either. Not when there are alternatives.

Welcome to online shopping!

After looking online at Nordstrom, Zappos and Stride Rite, I decided I felt more comfortable with Stride Rite because they have a step-by-step sizing guide. Despite the sizing guide, I wasn't confident ordering shoes without consulting a professional so I found the store locator and called one of the area stores. Daughter measured a Toddler 8 and they recommend going at least 1/2 size up from the measured size.

I ended up buying a pair of sneakers for now, a pair for later (1/2 size up from "now" size) and a pair of sandals, all on sale.

Bonus points for calling: The sales consultant at Stride Rite told me if you order from the store vs online, shipping is FREE! Fabulous. And no trip to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment