Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dinner

Princess Q sees her plate, falls to the floor and begins to scream and cry, "I don't want sauce on my ravioli."

I tell her, "If you don't want to eat your dinner, you can go to bed now."

While she continues to scream & cry, I dish up a plate for The Mister and eat my dinner. Why should I wait until it's cold? The Mister isn't a huge fan of ravioli (I didn't think he'd be home for dinner tonight) and since it will likely take a miracle for The Princess to eat hers, I help myself to the remainder with a second helping. Seems mushroom ravioli really hits the spot when your dearest, little one is having a tantrum.

After a little over a half hour of screaming and crying, The Princess raises her white flag and gives in. She eats the ravioli proclaiming, "I like this ravioli better WITH sauce."

Yes, folks, after nearly 45 minutes of hysterics because she didn't want sauce, it turns out she likes it better WITH sauce. AND she wants seconds and by now, I've finished my second helping. There are no seconds to be had.

I break the news to her and The Princess bursts into tears. The offer of additional French-cut green beans did nothing to quell her anguish.

Luckily baby tomatoes, picked from the plants in our yard, DID.

No comments:

Post a Comment